Friday, February 29, 2008

orphans

I was walking down the street in Silverlake about a week ago after killing some time at a coffee shop, when I saw a guy walking towards me with a large camera strung around his neck, wheeling a big professional light. As I passed by he stopped me and asked if he could take my picture for a project he was doing. He was walking from one side of LA to the other taking shots of people.

Always on the lookout for photographers, I agreed, and he started snapping pictures, my favorite of which is this one of me sending him a message with my contact info so I could see said photos:



Anyway, when he sent me the photos today I looked up his website and found that he had been working on a documentary on HIV/AIDS orphans in Western Kenya, there are some really moving photos on the site. It's called The Lazarus Effect and the photographer is Mathieu Young.