Saturday, March 29, 2008

time off

It has been a while since I've posted.  Sorry about that.  I just needed a break from everything. I'm back in the Bay Area with the month of April off and I'm decompressing.  Things have been intense for me for a little while and this last week has just been a big sigh of relief.


I've been to a couple shows this week to see some friend's bands and I've often been faced with the question of when I will be finished recording and when the album will be released.  The real answer is I have no idea, things take me a long time.  I am picky, a control freak, a perfectionist, pretty obsessive, and totally not willing to settle when I know I can do better.  It will be done when I think/know it is done, and I will address the release when that time comes.

I think that the answer I have been giving, though, is pretty realistic.  I have been telling people the album will be finished this summer and released early next year.  It is quite possible it will be sooner, but as I said, things just take me a long time.