Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm Not Releasing an Album.

After much consideration, I've decided to release the songs I spent half of 2008 recording as a series of digital singles, instead of an album. I love writing music, performing music, recording music, and I especially love releasing the new music I've recorded. I would like to have the freedom to be doing any or all of these things at any given time, instead of one thing then the next, and the satisfaction of sharing it with you, not in rare bursts, but on a consistent basis.

The first song is available right now. It's called "Every Time I Leave (I Leave For Good)." I'm very very proud of it and I can't wait for you to take a listen! You can hear and download the song by clicking below:




(It's available in high quality MP3, FLAC, and other audio formats...)

I'll be doing this without the help of a record company or a publicist or a marketing budget, so there are basically two ways that people can discover my music:
  1. I tell them about it.
  2. You tell them about it.
If you download a song of mine and feel inspired to share it with 5 or 50 or 500 friends, that is fine with me. In fact I encourage it.

Thanks for being patient with me. This endeavor has taken longer than anticipated in most every way, and I'm sure you'd like to hear everything I have recorded right away, but I have a feeling that this will be a fun experiment for all of us if we just give it a little time.

Yours,
Dave